Monday, April 21, 2008

Baka Gaijin

Normally I would not comment on the behaviors some unfortunate gaijin display, as I am sometimes a baka gaijin myself and I am still learning about the little things in Japanese culture.

However, the disgusting behavior some of the male foreign students exhibit and their attitude towards Japanese women annoys me to no end.

Now, perhaps I just happen to meet and befriend the wrong people. This in no way is reflective of all the male foreign exchange students, but it seems to be a trend among the ones I know. You know who you are:

MOST FEMALES IN JAPAN ARE NOT GEISHA. STOP ACTING LIKE THEY ARE.

I am personally appalled at how some of the guys look at the girls here. Yes, they are lovely and feminine and very polite. True, most of them will be nice to you if you go up and talk to them. It's the culture; they're trying not to be rude.

However, you should know better than to take advantage of this. It doesn't make you cool to have a little black book full of names and numbers to busy your nights and weekends. Stop assuming they'll do whatever you want just because you ask them to. If you want a quiet, submissive woman to dote on you for a while, go to a hostess bar where they're paid to do that. Don't expect the exceptional, well-educated women of Sophia University to be your call girls.

Have some respect and some class. You make the rest of us look bad, and I don't appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.