Friday, August 12, 2011

Anna Miller's Yokohama?

Yeah, really. I found ANOTHER Hawaiian institution in this great city, and it's the Yokohama branch of Anna Miller's!


They even have a take-out pie counter!

On my humble island of Oahu, there is a modest family restaurant by the name of Anna Miller's. It's not really fancy but it's a nice place to eat if you're out by Pearlridge. They're known for their pies and baked goods back home, and I'm pretty sure even my family has an old pie tin that was borrowed but never returned to the restaurant.

Mmm pie~

Tracy gets credit for this find. She and a friend of hers were walking around the mall in Sakuragicho and she was shocked to see the big familiar 70's looking font. Seriously, of all the Hawaii restaurants that could've been transplanted in Japan, especially in a fairly high-end mall, Anna Miller's is not at the top of the list.




The original restaurant~

I was kind of disappointed to see the menu consisted of stereotypical American food and not true local kine grindz, if you know what I mean. We lucked out that the restaurant was having a Hawaii fair and serving loco mocos and things with my beloved luncheon meat Spam.

Tracy ordered a slice of banana cream pie and I got the fried saimin. Allow me to use some pidgin for a moment when I say HO BRAH BROKE DA MOUT' (I do declare, it was quite delicious. So delicious, in fact, my mouth is now broken).

Delicious!

FRIED SAIMIN OMG.




This was this past Sunday, so I've got the rest of my summer vacation to write about! I can't believe it's almost over... I need another month...

3 comments:

  1. I walked right through that yesterday and saw the Hawaiian fair stuff and thought of youuuuuuu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing!
    I must go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caroline They had soy milk cheesecake, if you wanna dare your body to try that XD

    @Ko-chan It's soooo good, at least for a Hawaii native. I wanted one of everything on the special menu!

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.