Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I have done nothing of interest lately

Seriously, I haven't done much of anything lately. I've been trying to save money, asking my parents to send me stuff from my closet at home, and generally surviving until Christmas break. SO HAVE SOME RANDOM PHOTOS OF STUFF!

What I've been getting for free from my j-boy:


J-boy and one of his male buddies went to the Girls Award show at Yoyogi Stadium this past weekend. HE GOT TO SEE BECKY LIVE OMG. He *says* he went for special guest Yoshiki, but whatever. He gave me all his free stuff!

Face mask, some type of sanitary napkin underwear (better than tampons???),
face wipes, mouth wash, shampoo/conditioner, j-boy theatre show ads, and folders.

Obviously the most talented one on that poster.

Do I even want to bother translating?

Cutting this up and making a board game!

What I've been reading:


JLPT study guide making a second appearance, more than halfway through The Girl Who Played With Fire, and the New Penguin Parallel Text book is AWESOME. But it opened with a Murakami piece so everything after the first two pages is... meh.

I got my JLPT ticket yesterday, which is super exciting and scary! What the hell am I even doing reading an English book??? Gotta get my butt in gear for some major Nihongo studying!

What I've been drinking:


Honey & Lemon drink! There's a carbonated version that tastes pretty good too, but I think this one is better.

I have an unopened bottle of Pepsi Pink in my fridge and I'm kind of scared to drink it.

What I've been eating:


Dearest Caroline recently told me that vanilla is her number one choice for scented or flavored things. Mine is probably maple, and I didn't realize this until I came to Japan and every maple thing I ever ate or drank or smelled was amazing. They don't have nearly enough maple products back home.

Hopefully I'll get to doing something INTERESTING soon!

2 comments:

  1. That Penguin parallel text looks amazing and I need to get me one! I have wanted one forever but I didn't know what they were called (haha)

    Good luck on the JLPT! I'm planning on doing what you did... I was thinking about taking it this December but the test day is the same day as my interview (I think.) I'm planning on taking it in Japan when I get the chance :)

    Also, I love that Honey Lemon stuff you're drinking and I want some :<

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ko IT IS AMAZING. There were a bunch of similar books but I figured Penguin is probably one of the best publishers. Good luck at your interview, I'm sure you'll do fine :)

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.