Monday, April 9, 2012

Kis-My-Ft2 Tokyo Dome OMG

Carly has a new favorite j-boy group.

Found on Google Image Search.

I know it seems like I suffer from shiny object syndrome and I have a new favorite every week, but I'm serious this time! I was lucky enough to score tickets to Kis-My-Ft2's big Tokyo Dome concert and I was beyond amazed and enthralled~ They put on a spectacular show that was entertaining from beginning to end with THREE encores. IT WAS CRAZY AWESOME.

I'll be honest, this was a big gamble for me. I know nothing about this group - I don't know their names, I only started listening to their album about a week ago, and I certainly don't have a favorite member yet. I bought tickets because I'm never going to see Arashi in concert, so I figured I might as well settle for any major JE group, and I've been wanting to see Tokyo Dome for FOREVER. I didn't have high hopes for the show; I figured it'd be fun but we'd get stuck in the nosebleed seats and just spend a lot of money.

To my extremely pleasant surprise, WE GOT FLOOR SEATS RIGHT NEXT TO A WALKWAY. I was close enough to hear them actually sing into their microphones and not hear any sound come from the loud speakers (lol lip-syncing). I could see every sparkly bedazzled detail on their costumes. I got waved to during each song. I WAS SO FREAKING HAPPY.

Lights everywhere.

The show opened to their three major hits to date, and the boys managed to keep the momentum going through the first hour with no breaks. All music, super happy fun roller skate time, fireworks, acrobatics, dozens of Juniors running around in ill-fitting suits. It was everything I'd expect from a JE show... everything I'd ever dreamed of.

Kis-My-Ft2 started the show suspended by wires and doing acrobatics
from the strange blue balloon there.

Before the show~

The second hour was their variety bit where take a break from performing and show off their personalities. My Japanese is still terrible so I didn't understand most of it, but they promoted their dramas and had some strange comedian give them a big jar of rice crackers. A.B.C.Z, another JE group, made an appearance in the audience. Kisumai dressed up in drag and did a comedy routine as their female alter egos, something about things you'd say to seduce your boyfriend.

The final hour consisted of more music, fireworks, a monster truck, balloons and acrobatics. More waves and smiles to my section. Oh you charming Kisumai boys, making me want to spend more money for your stuff~ They "ended" the show with a song about saying goodnight instead of goodbye, and they "went to sleep" as they descended from the stage. But then we heard complaints of, "I can't sleep! I'm not tired!" so they came back for an encore.

I forget during which encore this happened, but I believe the one named Kitayama smiled and waved HELLO to one of the girls around me. Two of the girls in front of me turned to each other and KYAAAA'd, Marissa turned to me and said OMG HE LOOKED RIGHT AT ME (EDIT: Apparently she was making fun of those girls, too. OOPS!) and for all I know he was looking at my crazy wig. So hey Kitayama, you made all of us feel special for just a moment~

Yet that was simply not enough for the fans. Kisumai left the stage, but no one sat down. All these crazy j-girls spent big money to see Kisumai and they wanted another encore, which they got. I believe one of the guys (Kitayama?) was shirtless through this one, not that I was complaining. I thought this was the *real* end.

NO OMG I WAS WRONG. WE GOT A THIRD ENCORE. A.B.C.Z came up and horsed around with them onstage for the final encore, it was cute.

Then we all left in an orderly fashion and went home. IT WAS SO GREAT. OMG.


I even left with some loot! The streamers exploded out of the sky at some point in the first 10 minutes and once they landed girls started fighting for them. I caught mine fair and square, but I wasn't about to get nuts trying to get one of every color. The girl across from me was a Kisumai super fan, she was kind of scary and actually pulled a streamer out of another girl's hand.

I was disappointed with the goods for sale, notably the over-sized shapeless tote bags, though I did impulsively purchase a pen light. Every big JE show (or tour?) in Japan gets a special pen light that you have to hold and wave to the beat. I felt like the biggest dork waving it around! IT WAS SO FUN.





It's like the transformer pens from Sailor Moon.

Compared to the Jin Akanishi show in LA, this was a far better experience. Cheaper, far more spectacular, and I have a copy of all the songs I like and don't have to wait two years for a crappy album. All in all, I had a great time and I now I have seven more j-boys to love! YAY!

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and I really love this post of you!! I am a big Kisumai fan so it's making me happy that you like them too and that you liked what you saw! I hope I will be able to go to one of their concerts once too!!! *0*
    Thanks a lot for your post! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the DVD of the concert, too, SO I CAN RELIVE IT WHENEVER I WANT.

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.