Tuesday, May 20, 2008

15 minute rule

We're in the middle of a typhoon here in Tokyo, which means lots of wind and rain and bad things. I was tempted to stay home all day because it is that awful outside, but I dragged myself to the train station. While I was on the Yamanote line, the train reports said there were about four lines delayed or completely stopped because of rain (the characters used actually said "BIG RAIN").

My first class every morning is Japanese language. Half the class didn't show up today, and sensei didn't make an appearance either. In America we have the 15-minute rule: students have to wait 15 minutes for a professor, seated and prepared to learn, and if the prof doesn't show up class is canceled.

God bless Japan, because they use that rule here as well.

But I'm still stuck at Jouichi until 1230 because I've got one more class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.