Sunday, July 27, 2008

Things to do before I leave

I'm heading back to America in a few days, and I've got loose ends to tie up. I'm bringing Christina along to like all of them to translate haha.

1. Have to cancel the cell phone EDIT: Done.

The cell phone was something I needed and despite the cost I'm glad I had it. I will miss its cuteness when I have to go back to my Sprint LG whateveritis.

2. Have to cancel the bank account

Honestly, nothing good has come from me getting a bank account. I could have very well survived on just my American bank card and international ATMs. I got the account because I wanted to have my dorm fees paid automatically, but no one told me you can pay almost any bill at a convenience store (which I did for the first two months anyway because the request wasn't processed for that long). When a friend sent a wire transfer for some Japanese software he wanted me to buy, the bank took out 20% of the $100 transfer and questioned me as to why I needed the money and who it came from. Seriously, the ganguro shop girls at Shibuya 109 have better English and customer service skills than all the well-educated, uniformed employees at the bank. I'm thinking about just taking out all the money and leaving the account open.

3. Have to arrange for takkyubin EDIT: Done.

My trip to Narita Airport is going to be two hours by train, and I'll be damned if I don't know better than taking my huge suitcases along for the trek. Takkyubin services allow people to ship their luggage to the airport a day or two ahead of their flights so they're free to take public transportation without big bulky luggage. Really all I have to do is pack my suitcases, hand the dorm manager some forms with the luggage, and he'll do the rest.

4. Get rid of all my dorm things

Dishes, hangers, clothespins, detergent, shoes, etc. I'm not sure what to do with all of it. I wish I could leave the hangers and clothespins to spare the next girl who lives here from having to go buy it all again. I've got like three pairs of shoes I don't want to bring home, do I just throw them away in the non-combustible trash can?

5. Party

300 Yen Bar in Ginza on Wednesday night. Should be interesting.

-------------------------------

Here's some purikura we took last night after a trip to an izakaya:




Okay I'll go study or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.