Thursday, July 24, 2008

FINALS

Finals suck.

I can't go out and do anything, I have to study, blah blah blah. I have three finals this semester -- three days of Japanese (conversation, kanji/listening/reading, grammar), modern Japanese literature, and international politics. I have a paper for history, which I half-assed last night. I mean really, if a prof can't be bothered to give me a guideline of what he wants a 10-page final paper to look like (beyond the paragraph that's in the course syllabus) or even grade the other papers I've written for him, then I can't be bothered to put much effort into it.

I just finished the Japanese finals this morning. I got 10/10 for the conversation, bombed kanji in an epic fashion, and did pretty well on the rest of it. Today I have my literature final, which will be graded by the most opinionated and anal professor ever. Next Tuesday is the international politics final, which is going to be FUN. His teaching style does not justify how ridiculously hard his tests are. Even though he's probably got tenure, I'm going to rip him apart on his evaluation.

ANYWAY I found something funny:
http://www.king-deco.com/

All the major girly shopping plazas have a store like this. You give them your keitai or DS or random crap, and they bling it out for you. Bic Camera sells some pre-made DS plates with bling you stick on like a giant crystal-covered sticker. I haven't seen anyone with a phone or DS like the ones featured on the website, but I don't have any ganguro friends.

1 comment:

  1. "Even though he's probably got tenure, I'm going to rip him apart on his evaluation."

    you probably shouldn't say something like this in your public blog before he's finished grading your final exam. :)

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.