Thursday, August 7, 2008

My Chance at Japanese Superstardom

...cannot be fulfilled this year.

Ma and I were watching House last night and a commercial for the LesPros model search came on. They are having an open audition to join the agency/win some prize, but I'll just be starting classes at Creighton when it happens. I looked online and you don't even need to speak Japanese to go to the audition! The website specifically mentions that people who are half-Japanese tend to do very well in Japan, and I'm pretty sure that's what LesPros is looking for.

Here are some halfies that I know of off the top of my head:



Shirota Yu is half-Spanish and half-Japanese according to his DramaWiki. Ashlie and I got sucked into the Rookies two-hour series finale thing on TV one day, and we were like, "That guy is NOT full Japanese, even though he is speaking the language perfectly and has a funny haircut."



Crystal Kay is a big JPop singer, half Japanese and half black. She attends Sophia University, and I know one of the Oizumi girls had an art class with her. She said Crystal usually sat at the back of the class and didn't pay attention (I can't say I'm any better), but she didn't make an ass of herself in front of the class for a presentation. Good enough for me.

And this girl. I'm not sure what her name is, but she is always on TV and I'm almost positive she's half.

Granted, I don't look at all like I'm half, nihonjin always thought I was insane or lying to them when I told them, and I'd probably have to drop 15lbs. before I'd get to do anything fun. Christina always tells me, "Yeah for an Asian girl you're kinda chubby, but you've got those big innocent eyes that everyone loves so that makes up for it." I guess I can only be an ANTM contestant in purikura booths.

4 comments:

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.