Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Placenta on MY FACE?

This past weekend I had an overnight work thing and I got to meet some of the other foreigners in my company. The girl I shared my hotel room with professed to me her love and undying devotion to her amazing skin care regime, which was made up entirely of products that use placenta extract.

Yes, really!

The way she talked about how absolutely fantastic these products piqued my interest and I started looking for them when I got back home. Apparently these types of placenta extract products are popular in Japan and when I went to Loft, my favorite kill-time-looking-at-stuff store, and I found a few things without much effort:

Sounds like this product wants me to challenge a placenta,
or perhaps challenge my placenta? IDK JAPAN.

Placenta extract collagen mask

I know Caroline SWEARS by collagen masks but I've never tried one, so I bought the uber-awesome placenta extract one to try out. I don't read a lot of Japanese but I can read PLACENTA (lol) and see the face mask outline. Other than that I really don't know *specifically* what this product is supposed to do. I'm sure it'll be great to have baby on my face~

I tried to find similar Western products, but the best Google could give me were a few placenta extract shampoos available on Amazon. If you want to read about some really interesting uses for placenta, search for cookbooks and recipes (heh heh).

2 comments:

  1. UHm, yeah not sure if I want anything to do with placenta or whatever kind of weird things to on my face XDD

    I saw a shampoo/condition series that said it had Horse fat in it?? Like WTF JAPAN?? >_<

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Xanny - I remember when foreskin products were popular in America LOL. Idk which is worse - placenta or foreskin.

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.