Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spam Curry~

I love Spam. Many people find Spam to be strange and inedible, but I grew up eating it and I think it is just delicious. It compliments so many different things - rice, eggs, noodles, pancakes, green beans. Oh, the combinations are seemingly endless!

And it comes in so many different varieties! They don't just come in blue cans, you know. I've tried most of the ones in this picture:


Spam spread - bought a can, but was too afraid to open it.
Spam Lite - no flavor!
Limited Edition Hawaii can - Hawaii can made it more delicious~
Reduced Sodium Spam - my favorite! I can even buy it in Japan.
Garlic Spam - amazing.
Spam with Cheese - I will admit this one was kinda weird.
Turkey Spam - do not want! Strange texture and flavor is lacking.
Limited Edition Monty Python and the Holy Grail Honey Spam - Saw the Broadway production and bought a can, but didn't open it. Might be too old by now, but I'd still save the can.
Bacon Spam - I'm actually going through a can of this right now. My two favorite meats in one!
BBQ Spam - I did not know this existed before I found this photo. BUY ME A CAN SOMEONE PLEASE.
Spicy Spam - my 3rd favorite. They make a spicier version for southeast Asia.
Hickory Smoke Spam - my 2nd favorite, so smokey~

So knowing how much I love this mystery meat, you must imagine my utter glee when my dear friend Tracy gave me a box of Spam Curry!

Supamu Kare-!

Seriously, she sent me a photo of it sitting on a combini shelf and I told her YOU MUST BUY A BOX FOR ME. I warmed it up last week when I was too lazy to go to the store.



I'm sad to say that I was slightly disappointed. The curry totally covered up the deliciousness of the Spam, so it was like eating any other packaged curry I've ever had. How dare they ruin my Spam! But it was otherwise a satisfactory dinner, even if I couldn't fully experience the Spammy goodness. Maybe this would be good for Spam novices, who need to become accustomed to the unique texture of Spam before taking on the flavor.

1 comment:

  1. im from scotland and a love spam !!!:D 

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.