Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Eggs 'n Harajuku?

Nishihara and I went exploring in Harajuku this past weekend. We originally went for the elusive yet official  Johnny's idol shop, but found so much more.

The Johnny's store was ONE BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, Johnny likes to squeeze every last yen out of JE fans that he possibly can, but seriously the unlicensed stuff at the Takeshita street shops is so much better. Tracy had walked past earlier in the day and saw a line to enter the shop that was out to the street. Honestly though, it sucked! Why you'd wait in line for that store I'll never know, unless MatsuJun is there personally helping you pick out the best photos of him to buy.

We walked along toward Omotesando Hills, but got distracted by this long line of people waiting for something. I made Tracy stop and walk with me to see what they were all waiting for...



A piece of Hawaii nestled on a Harajuku side street~

They were all waiting in line for a table at Eggs 'n Things Harajuku! The original restaurant in Waikiki was known for their crazy hours, which used to serve the post-club/post-bar scene. This was before my time, however - they closed down for a while a few years ago during my peak clubbing days, so all my late-night cravings had to be satisfied at Zippy's.

When we walked by it was like 3:30 in the afternoon, not even a peak meal time, and there had to be at least 30 people in line. We passed by again maybe an hour and a half later and the line had shrunk to about 15 people. I've never been to the one in Honolulu, and I'm sure as hell not gonna wait in a line that long for the one in Japan. I didn't get a chance to study the menu, but it looked far more Hawaiian-y than I would think it should. 

I have to make it through four more days at work and then I'm off for Obon!!!!!!! Gaaaahhh it's so close but so far away...

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the JE shop kinda sucks. oops 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Caroline UGH IT SUCKS OMG. And everyone seems to get equal coverage, so it's not like there's 1000000 sheets of my honeys Arashi versus 1 sheet of H!S!J! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to the JE store once. Somehow, when we went there weren't that many people there and we didn't have to wait in a line (I saw many ridiculous lines to get into that store though.) I decided that it was tooooo unreasonable to even bother with again. XD
    I did buy a ton of stuff from the aforementioned knock off shops though! :D

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.