Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Obon Vacation

...That happened like a million years ago and I never talked about. MEH.

Obon wasn't *amazing* and I actually didn't get around to doing any of the things I really had my heart set on. Didn't make it to the beach, didn't go out clubbing, spent way too much money. But there was some fun to be had:

1. Saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. Did not see Part 1. Meh, details! It was a great movie and this theater was easily one of the best I've ever been to.

Gelato??? OMG YES.

Snazzy~

Your goodies are placed in this convenient tray thing...

...THAT FITS INTO THE ARM RESTS OMG GENIUS.

OH AND SOMEWHERE TO PUT MY BAG?
HOW THOUGHTFUL.


Like a boss.

2. Ate delicious Korean food in Shin-Okubo and got to see a live taping of some show with Ikko.



I was mildly impressed.

3. Witnessed a handshake event at Sunshine City for SKE48, the Osaka version of AKB48. It was awkward seeing these guys who are probably my age absolutely falling over themselves to meet these girls. Considering the amount of money this entire BlahBlahBlah48 franchise rakes in, it was also very low-budget. You couldn't pay for some tablecloths for those tables??? Gosh.

Guys in red, white, and black are staff.



The male fans were increasingly manhandled as they went up
to shake the girls' hands.
Uncomfortable to witness, really.

"I'M NEVER WASHING MY HAND AGAIN DUDE."

4. Went to Tokyo Tower for the first time! Beautiful views from the very top observation deck. We were STARVING when we got there, though! Should've gone into the Family Mart in the bottom before taking the elevator up.


Top is still slightly bent from the earthquake.
Still can't figure out how that happened...


Day...

...to dusk...

...to night.


Only another four months until I get another extended break from work... Ugh. Can I handle it??? I guess I have no choice but still.

3 comments:

  1. TOKYO TOWERRRRRRRR. You know how much I love that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Tokyo Tower. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caroline It was pretty awesome, though I would've expected like a cuter mascot or something. There wasn't anything SUPER COOL MUST HAVE from the gift shop lol.

    @Ko-chan It is a very lovely place~ (U SEE WHAT I DID THAR HEH HEH)

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.