Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Hanabi + L'Arcafe~

Yeah, I haven't updated this thing in WEEKS. Terrible. I felt like I was getting hit in the gut everyday for a while. Stress at work, stress from boys, stress about money, I GOT SICK. Bleh. None of the things I was stressing out over have been completely resolved, but I'm trying to do my best at getting back into studying and blogging and not letting shit get to me.

I visited my non-cousin last week at his home again. I had mentioned to him during Obon that I hadn't seen a Japanese fireworks display since coming to Japan, so he planned a whole party for me! I got to meet two more of his kouhai and another one of his friends, who thankfully was super chatty and didn't let the language barrier get in the way.

I brought along lomi lomi salmon.

Chef would KILL ME for the unevenness of those chunks!

The true King of the household.

The King enjoys receiving raspberries.




The next day Marissa took me to the L'Arc-en-Ciel cafe, or the L'Arcafe. I don't know much about the band, I went more to amuse Marissa since she loves the group and Hyde and grew up listening to them. I only know Hyde is this rock singer dude and he was in a supergroup with Miyavi and Gackt and some other guy whose name escapes me at the moment. Yoshiki from X-Japan? I forget.

The food was all right, buffet style BUT GASP ON PAPER PLATES HOW TACKY. The place was super L'Arc-en-Ciel'ed out, pictures of the band covering every inch of available wall space. We don't read Japanese or anything useful, so we went in assuming they'd play live concert footage or have some kind of show. It was a dinner buffet with videos and interviews playing, not super crazy. But if they ever have a similar cafe for Arashi or Slutty Jin or J Soul Brothers, I'D GO NO HESITATION. 

They give you concert tickets when you reserve your table~



Marissa was all OM NOM NOM.






TV screens everywhere so you can enjoy PVs of L'Arc-en-Ciel
while you stuff your face~


Tour merchandise from every tour they've had.
Acchan was later replaced by Hyde being hot in his youth.

PAPER PLATES WHAT.


Everyone went home with a plastic orange cup with the band's logo and a box with goodies representing each member! We thought they were desserts at first but Marissa later reported Hyde's having mayonnaise in it, so who knows. Ken's looked like goya... IDK!

Hopefully I won't go another two weeks without posting again. GO AWAY STRESS.

1 comment:

  1. If there is an Arashi Cafe like the L'arc one... I'd be there. For sure. If there isn't... we need to find someone to get this in the works. XD

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.