Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nordic Print Tampons

I've said in previous posts how everything marketed to women in Japan has to have some sort of OMG SUPER KAWAII element to it, and apparently tampons are no exception. Allow me to showcase my latest find: Nordic print tampons!




Seriously - why do these even exist? Japan loves its seasonal themed crap, I know, and I share in that love every time I go to a convenience store and see new stupid drinks or snacks. I suppose Nordic print is everywhere because it's cold like the Nordic countries of northern Europe (although not really), so why not put it on tampons? At least they didn't cost any more than the normal print ones.

Better watch out for this starry night design, too!

Yet unfailingly, I was reminded at the register of how ridiculous this all is. I told the cashier I didn't need a bag since I'd be tossing it into my big work bag, but she still wanted to wrap the box in brown paper. IT'S A SNAZZY NORDIC PRINT, WHY WOULDN'T I WANT TO SHOW OFF MY AWESOME FEMININE HYGIENE PRODUCTS TO EVERYONE I KNOW??? Oh, that's right, because it's still a tampon box and it would be so mortifying to be seen carrying it. I do wonder if the Nordic print will throw off my manager from realizing it's a tampon...

In other news, I took a picture with a big poster of Aiba in a train station. VERY DANGER.


Now if only I could somehow rip that poster off the pole...

4 comments:

  1. HAHHAH I snorted after I read "very danger", oh I love Aiba so much.

    OH NO TAMPONS BEING SHOWN TO THE PUBLIC?!?! /end of the world

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whahahaha... this country is so weird sometimes.
    But not Aiba-kun. Aiba-kun is just fine anywhere he goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Caroline SUPER GOOD SUPER DANGER.

    @Xanny And for the amount of OMG PUBLIC TAMPONS GASP there aren't any cute containers or bags that you can buy to keep all your feminine hygiene products in.

    @Ms. Godzilla He is especially fine in those commercials om nom nom~

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.