Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stuff I Did Not Take Pictures of on Halloween

Everything I did this past weekend sounds good written out, but really it was fairly meh.

Saturday I went clubbing. Now, under most circumstances, this would have been awesome. You get dressed up, even MORE dressed up for Halloween, dance, talk to boys, drink a little, and end up counting down the minutes til first train. It certainly wasn't terrible, but I've had better non-holiday nights. I did take away some valuable lessons:

1. Don't go clubbing with boys.
2. Don't go to international mixers if you are a gaijin girl looking for a j-boy, because everyone there is either an English-speaking j-girl who's looking to marry a foreign man OR a shameful neckbeard foreign man.
3. Offensive costumes are OK! Blackface? No problem, there are 10 other people doing the same thing! Large weaponry? Go big or go home! Appropriating other cultures? It's an "international" mixer, duh!

Sunday was spent sleeping and eating Vietnamese food. I found this little Saigon restaurant off bento.com and I thought I'd be able to get a bowl of beef noodles reminiscent of Pho777. Walking off the elevator this place smelled legit, but I was slightly disappointed by the pho.


Tastes amazing, but thick noodles? Only a 4-page menu with less than two dozen dishes? Where's my Lazy Susan with sauces and spices? And no side dish piled high with bean sprouts and greens? The only thing that made up for these things was the Vietnamese coffee. I could use a glass right now.

On Monday I went to Disneyland for Halloween! The only way I could tell if people were Official Disney Cast Members was if they had a person dressed in safari gear with them taking photos. There were A LOT of great costumes, I kind of wish I had gotten a photo with the one Mary Poppins I saw all day. I did get a photo with a Japanese Jack Sparrow, who played the character VERY well!


First churro, cinnamon flavored~




You can't see him well but Barbosa has a stuffed monkey on his shoulder.

Best Japanese Jack Sparrow Ever.

I dragged them to It's a Small World.

They didn't mind :)

Second churro, strawberry flavored~

Curried meatball soup. DELICIOUS.

I needed the last two nights to recover from my weekend, but it's okay because I get to enjoy a national holiday tomorrow! I don't even know what we're celebrating!

2 comments:

  1. So I'm wondering, do they have foreigners play the characters and walk around or do Japanese people do it?? I've always heard about foreigners doing it but, I'm just wondering XD

    looks so nice! agh i wanna go so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Xanny - I'm sure the good-looking foreigners all get to play the cool characters, I don't recall ever seeing a Japanese princess or anything. I bet they get the masked costumes, like Stitch and Mickey lol.

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.