Thursday, December 15, 2011

Imperial Gardens

A few weeks ago I walked around the Imperial Gardens in Tokyo. It's free and open to the public, which is great because paying to get some culture all the time sucks. It's kind of strange being able go from the sprawling urban jungle of downtown Tokyo to these amazing gardens by just crossing a street, but that's part of the magic of this city.

I'd also like to mention that a few years ago a crazy British gaijin removed all his clothes and jumped in the moat that surrounds the gardens. No wonder the right-wingers want us out of this country - no Japanese person would ever think to jump into the Emperor's moat, much less naked. Onto the photos!




Was the inspiration for this photo the big stone wall or the young salarymen?



Perfect for a desktop background.

What I'd do every day if I were the Empress of Japan.


My outfit that day was also pretty awesome, not that I got a proper picture of it. This was probably one of the last nice days were I could get away with wearing tall socks.



More info on the gardens here. I'd suggest paying a visit when it gets warmer.

3 comments:

  1. @Ms. Godzilla I went to a different part of the Imperial grounds during sakura season, and it was GORGEOUS. I wouldn't mind going back during early summer for a picnic ^_^

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.