Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flea Market in Setagaya

Last Monday Marissa dragged my butt out to Setagaya for the largest flea market in Tokyo! I'm pretty sure I caught a cold from being out in the cold all day, but it was fun looking at old Japanese junk.

Start of the epic flea market!


Sing those blues.



I'd keep this in my house and use it.
Too bad it was 25,000yen (more than $250).


BAKED POTATOES WITH BUTTER

Panda phone!



Yakitori!

Looking at junk!

I didn't buy anything, but it was a nice change of pace from the usual department stores or 109. I almost bought a kitschy set of 5 pins that were obviously older than me and super cute, but I refrained because of the 2,500yen price tag.

The cold outside is really keeping me from doing much and I'm pretty down and ragey about my job. Spring can't come soon enough!

5 comments:

  1. The only prescription for being down and ragey about the job is MOAR PROCATINATOR! rawr! Or maybe something that goes well with that bottle of Tobasco sauce? (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the market looks interesting!!! I wana gooooo!
    Take care~ this weekend is much colder than last week :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like fun! I loooove antiques and vintage :)
    When feeling ragey, I find a couple of hours in a nice sento or onsen always help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @"Anonymous" I've been on there enough to notice that I only get about a dozen of the same recycled combos! Totally not enough to keep me procrastinating at that site.

    @AIRY.D I'm glad it wasn't snowing that day. I'd be REALLY sick then.

    @Ms. Godzilla I was hoping there would be cheaper things to buy, but everything was really expensive. I HAVE to go to *LaQua* one of these days, and experience their magical floors of onsen goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where was this at? I just moved to Setagaya and I am looking for something interesting to do on the weekends.

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.