Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Money I'd Have Wasted Had I Grown Up in Japan...

For the past few days, awesome and un-useless things with cartoon characters on them have been forcing me to spend money. If you wouldn't think twice about buying at least one of these items for nostalgic value, you should find other blogs to read.

First up, Super Mario Galaxy 2 Card Gum pack!




A whole 63yen per pack at the supermarket. I threw out the square bathroom-tile-looking gum, but I'm definitely keeping the Obake Mario and Hachi-Mario (hachi in this case is short for hachimitsu, or honey). I don't think I'll be buying enough of these to put together the big photo on the back but it was a satisfying impulse purchase.

Next, Dragon Ball stamps!


IT'S NOT OVER 9000 YEN!

In America, we put important people on stamps. In Japan, we use Dragon Ball. IF THERE IS A SAILOR MOON SET ALSDKJF;LSAKMD ;LSJDF I WILL DIE OR BUY THEM ALL. Set of ten 80yen stamps cost 800yen, SO AWESOME.

Third, super cute Hello Kitty fortune-teller daruma cell phone strap!




The only bad thing about this 200yen ball of unnecessary cute is that I can't read the kanji on the fortunes coming out of the back. I'm used to the variations of  , not entire phrases.

And finally, His + Hers Valentine's Day Pikachu merchandise!



The cell phone straps are kind of a given, I think they were 1200yen for the set. They made a girl Pikachu with a heart-shaped tail for this line of merchandise, and if you notice the half-heart for the girl even has a little pink diamond. KAWAIIIIIIII OMG.

However, it was the matching TAILS that... just... gaaaaaaaaaaah.




The back of the package

I died. Then I gave the Pokemon center 1500yen of my own money for a set. Then I died again. Of cute. And before you all die of cute, please note that for whatever reason my camera didn't get the colors as well as it should have. The tails look really washed out but they are much more vibrant in person.

And here's an unrelated parfait!


3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD I WANT THOSE PIKACHU TAIL ONES DD: WISH I WAS STILL IN JAPAN DHSDLKSd;slksd

    and yes if there is a Sailor Moon one?? I'll hop on the next flight to Kansai haha !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I somehow forgot that Valentine's Day is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Xanny They had so much more merchandise with those two on it omg. I'm seriously going to find excuses to go to the post office to check if they ever have Sailor Moon stamps LOL.

    @Ms.Godzilla I KNOW RIGHT. And I don't get to sit back and get pampered until White Day!!! This country, I tell you...

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.