Thursday, February 9, 2012

Conversations with My Students: Do You Have a Long Pink Mullet?

A few weeks ago my older kids were learning hair words and making sentences describing their own coifs. Most of the kids I teach would have found the original language to be too easy, so I added a few awesome words and flashcards.

I Apologize for Not Representing Black People side note: I did make a card for the term "dreadlocks," but it didn't fit in nicely for the language pattern. You can't say, "I have a long black dreadlocks." Screw English and its countable nouns. But don't worry, every Japanese kid knows the term "afro" and assumes it is a ridiculously gigantic orb of black hair on a person's head.



At one point in each lesson, I gave the kids some paper and crayons. I told them to pick cards and draw that hairstyle, however strange it may be. Here's some of their artwork.

Long black perm.

Long red hair.

Doraemon with a mohawk.

Not actually the hair lesson but hilarious anyway.

Short curly bowl cut.

IDK.
 A creative bunch, I have.

1 comment:

  1. Tle last one reminds me of my highschool geography teacher... if she had horns ;p

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.