Saturday, May 12, 2012

GW 2012: Sensoji and the Most Delicious Melon-pan EVER


I took Ma and Pa to my favorite temple in Tokyo, Senso-ji! I'm not sure why this is my favorite temple, it's certainly a pain to get to and it's always freaking crowded. I do have a lot of good memories here from my days as a student, including eating fugu for the first time. Fugu's not that great, don't waste your money.

It was a little busy.

'Sup, Sky Tree.

I came here maybe a month ago with my buddies and we saw lots of people in line for this shop selling melon pan. It was way at the back near the main building of the temple and you wouldn't find it if you weren't wandering around or purposely looking for it. I'm always a bit skeptical of Japanese people waiting in lines, they'll stand politely in lines for all sorts of crazy things that aren't worth waiting for, but DAMN that melon-pan was amazing! I made it a point to make my mom stand in line for a loaf haha.



They also sell soft cream.
Ma enjoyed the chocolate and milk flavor.


The shop is near these two.


ASK FOR THIS STUFF WARM OMG. It's light and fluffy and just sweet enough asldkmf ;asl I NEVER RAVE ABOUT BREAD LIKE THIS. I want a loaf RIGHT NOW.

We did the usual temple things of lighting incense, washing hands at the fountain thing with the cups on sticks, bought some fortunes. All three of us managed to pull bad fortunes, but I was somewhat contented with the fact that they were all different bad fortunes and not the same stuff printed for different numbers. Mine notably stated that I would not advance forward in my current state and that I must return to my homeland where I will not meet any crisis. WELL, you can bet your bottom I tied that to the blessed wires to send up to the gods so I can get a better fortune next time.





Ma also finally got a baked potato with butter, since she always drools over the ones I post here, and I got more meat on a stick! HUZZAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.