Thursday, May 17, 2012

GW 2012: Stupid Junk I Bought

Rule: There is a Hello Kitty for everything in Japan.

Some of the more obscure examples:

1. KISHIDAN x Hello Kitty

KISHIDAN (psh like I can read that kanji) is the band of another incarnation of DJ Ozma. I find his other alter-ego in Yazima Beauty Salon problematic (for a while I didn't realize the group was essentially doing blackface), but I didn't know this was the same guy who dressed up in a Nazi-esque uniform a few years ago. Maybe I wouldn't have bought it with that many strikes against him, but too late. HK with that hair is pretty hilarious.



2. Solar Eclipse Hello Kitty

We're gonna have a full solar eclipse soon, so OF COURSE there's HK stuff! I'm gonna get up early next Monday and look super fly with these on while I witness the majesty of the universe without going blind.




3. Daibutsu Hello Kitty

Picked up the strap and washcloth in Kamakura. I left the towel on some homemade soap my brother sent me and now it smells good~






BONUS SHIBUYA HACHIKO DOMO-KUN!

Domo-kun isn't nearly as ubiquitous as HK, but I see him enough that I know his brand is doing all right. In fact I see A LOT of One Piece and their token "cute" animal character, the reindeer Chopper, at all the major tourist sites around Tokyo.



YAY.

6 comments:

  1. ohh mhh gahddd kishidan omg i was so obsessed with them in high school XDDDDD so funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eclipse goods....Sanrio will do anything for a buck ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a collaboration with HK is SUPER easy to do, she has the most random pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, eclipse kitty...

    i love kitty-chan too (^^) although apparently, it is very "gaijinppoi" to like HK... lol. 

    like i care :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL lamest excuse ever to hate on Kitty. If it was so gaijinppoi I don't think I'd see her EVERYWHERE ON EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.