Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Miss/Won't Miss #4

Things I'll Miss About Japan #4: Shibuya 109

Oh, my heart already yearns for the high-pitched nasal calls of "Irasshaimase! Goran kudasai!" from the colorful gyaru employed within this shopping mecca.

Right after I took this photo I got nampa'd.

I shall look back on all my memories of this place with love and endearment. Maybe it'll still be there when I'm old and grey, and I can go back and tell them young whipper snappers about the good ol' days as a crazy decrepit gaijin.

Men's 109 used to be 109-2 and filled with more clothing stores for girls and accessories, but over the last four years it's slowly turned toward the young fashion-conscious male demographic. I'm only mentioning it here because HEY LOOK THERE'S A KIS-MY-FT2 DUO ON THE BUILDING!



Things I Won't Miss About Japan #3: All the disgusting bathrooms at Shibuya JR

Seriously, every JR bathroom at the Shibuya station is a hot mess. That Hachiko bathroom smells awful no matter what time of day, no matter what season it is. IT IS FILTHY ALL THE TIME.

Run through the gates, dude! Away from the stench of that female restroom!

You'd think with only 3 different platforms for JR (Yamanote's separated ones, the one island platform for Saikyo/Shonan-Shinjuku) it wouldn't be so bad. THINK AGAIN. The one on the Saikyo blatform is even worse, since there's only two squatters. ICK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.