Friday, March 11, 2011

EARTHQUAKE!

I survived the seventh strongest earthquake ever recorded. HOLY SHIT.

I don't remember exactly what time it hit, but I tweeted about it shortly after it stopped at 2:55pm.

http://twitter.com/#!/carlislenoriko/status/46086902855643136

It lasted a good long time. It started out like every other earthquake I've experienced in Tokyo, sort of mild and motion-sickness-y.

Then it got a little stronger. Oh well, that's kind of fun.

Then it got A LOT stronger. Fun over.

And it didn't stop :( PANIC.

I started freaking out, the Japanese staff started freaking out, and I saw people leaving buildings. Everything outside was shaking, trees, power lines; I was shaking. I thought, "If it gets any worse we are all going to die."

It's about 10:00pm right now, I'm still feeling slight aftershocks. So far, about once an hour we get a long aftershock that makes me want to get up and RUN.

But I am alive and I am well, if not a little on edge. I'm LUCKY. My Facebook blew up with people commenting on my updates and generally making sure I was okay. I FEEL SO LOVED <3

I'll try to update my blog and Twitter with charities and things like that. Don't know if anyone else saw the entire freaking town get washed away by one wave, but I'm sure they will need something more substantial than good thoughts.

Stay safe~

No comments:

Post a Comment

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.