Monday, May 9, 2011

GW 2011 Part 1

My Golden Week this year was so jam-packed with activities and trains and money flying out of my wallet I barely know what hit me. So I'll start with GW Friday~

My two "inherited" friends invited me to a barbeque at Kasai Rinkai Park, way out by Disneyland. They are somehow affiliated with the group that put on the barbeque, which was aimed to be an international/Japanese mixer of sorts. I got to eat hot dogs, yakisoba, S'MORES, and play games like I was in summer fun! One game was jump rope and another was something about not being an ogre in the bathroom. I had a lot of fun and the park is so beautiful! Definitely going to make a return trip, even if it's an hour on the Musashino line.





LOL Costco USDA Prime beef.


Finished off my meal with a Coolish!!!
I was Rebecca Black excited for that.

On Saturday, my non-cousin Daiki invited me to his home for lunch with his family and one of his coworkers, Keisuke, who is single and I suspect that's why we were introduced. Not that I would ever mind marrying a rich Japanese engineer (considering the size of Daiki's home) but my Japanese has to get waaaaaaaaay better before I ever could, especially since he speaks no English. My dear non-cousin lives about 15 minutes from the station on foot, and all the while he was trying to get Keisuke to ask me questions. I'm not sure if I was supposed to have turned off the Japanese skills while they were talking about it RIGHT NEXT TO ME but I kept listening lol.

For lunch, Daiki had been slaving away all day making DELICIOUS pizza, karaage, some kind of amazing pumpkin stew, and pasta. Being the good girl with proper Japanese manners my mother raised me to be, I brought over a super kawaii cake from some department store in Ikebukuro and a picture book from Hawaii. I hope that won me some points since I was about half an hour late cuz I stay on Hawaiian time li'dat.

My future rich engineer husband??? Probably not.

THIS PICTURE IS SO ADORABLE.

More GW 2011 adventures to come, including hiking and losing my wallet in Kyoto!

4 comments:

  1. So now that I'm like... not having an nervous breakdown, lets talk about what you did for golden week next week. yesssssss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because there is SO MUCH to tell~

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha sounds like you had fun!! ^o^

    LOLOL rich engineer hubby!??! go for it! but sucks about him not knowing English... or even a little bit haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I asked him a question in (very broken) Japanese, he could answer YES or NO lol.

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.