Friday, March 9, 2012

Conversations with My Students: More Inappropriate Than Usual

I know I write about the same kids all the time, but they are hilarious and deserve their own TV show or corner on a Japanese news program.

LOL Google image search.

Last chapter we were describing people's looks. Not just hair but also facial features, eye color, etc. I asked them about celebrities, their families, and other significant people in their lives - including their teachers.

Me: BOY. What does Brohei-sensei look like?
Boy: He has short black hair, black eyes, and... uh...
Unrequited Love Girl: HE HAS RED FACE.
*Class devolves into laughter*
*Brohei-sensei just so happens to teach in the room next door, disapprovingly peeks in*
*Cue uncontrollable laughter*

After class ends, Brohei-sensei barges in.
Brohei: *In Japanese, with fake anger* Who made the red face comment? Huh? I have a red face?
*More uncontrollable laughter*
Brohei: *Still in Japanese* YOU HAVE A RED FACE, TOO, UNREQUITED LOVE GIRL.


That's how you protect identities in photos, right?
Black line across the eyes? LOL.
We both had the same amount of alcohol, notice who's still white as a ghost~

I like to ask this class random questions throughout the lesson. They're all very high-level so I try to keep them talking.

Me: *Shuffling cards* Twihard, what's your favorite color?
Twihard: I like blue.
Me: Alice in Wonderland, what's your favorite candy?
Wonderland: I like Natchan candy!
Me: Unrequited Love Girl, what's your favorite ramen?
Unrequited Love Girl: I like salt ramen (shio ramen).
Me: BOY. What's your favorite yakiniku meat?
Boy: MY MEAT.
Me: *Cute EXCUSEMEDIDYOUJUSTTALKABOUTYOURWEEWEE face* I was looking for something more along the lines of tongue, beef, chicken...
Boy: Oh... beef.

I can't get my high school boys to even talk about Valentine's Day but somehow I managed to get the middle school boy to make an inappropriate joke. Great.

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, hey! i just found your blog.

    kiddies are funny ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THEY ARE HILARIOUS. I wish I could just hang out with them and we can explain stupid stuff to each other XD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. IKR??? I hope none of them caught my genuine embarrassment at the situation...

      Delete
  3. Lol that's hilarious~
    Must be great to have a lively class like that :)

    ReplyDelete

The toes you step on today may be related to the butt you kiss tomorrow.